Dimples aren’t always adorable, such as when they’re planted on your legs, buttocks, hips and thighs. As if flabby legs weren’t bad enough, cellulite can put more than a few dents in a woman’s self-esteem. Otherwise known as orange peel legs or cottage cheese thighs, cellulite is fat that get trapped in fibrous tissue beneath the skin. The fibers are like a honeycomb-shaped net. When the fat pushes up against it, the skin takes on a bulging, lumpy appearance.Jump To Full Article Below
DO AWAY WITH DIMPLES
Almost 90 percent of women have cellulite - to varying degrees. Hormones and genetics play a huge role. Estrogen, the female hormone, causes us to store fat in case of famine. Weakened skin and a poor circulation system - two major causes of cellulite - are often passed down in our genes.
First, some anatomy: Beneath your skin are pockets of fat, held in place by mesh-like cords. The more fat there is, the more pressure it will put on the fibrous netting. This causes the fat to bulge and buckle around the cords. If the skin is thin or weak, or there’s a huge build-up of fat, these bulges are going to protrude from the skin, giving it that lumpy look. If your circulation is sluggish, fluids can build up in the area and put even more pressure on the mesh fibers - meaning the cellulite will bulge out even more.
YOUR CELLULITE SOLUTIONS
Your cellulite-reducing mission: Keep your skin and your circulation strong.
Here, your natural cellulite treatment plan:
- Just say no to smoking: It’s bad for your skin and even worse for circulation. Prevent cellulite by nipping your habit in the bud ASAP.
- Stay hydrated: Water keeps everything in your body flowing. It helps flush out waste and keeps our skin healthy and plump. Dehydration can weaken the skin and cause it to break down more easily. If your skin is thin, the fat beneath will have fewer layers to push through to show off its dimpled texture. Drink water to get rid of cellulite.
- Run away from cellulite - or walk very quickly: Exercise gets the blood flowing, builds muscle tone, zaps fat and boosts the immune system. While there is no such thing as a cellulite workout, running comes pretty close. Plus, it helps us lose stomach fat and strengthen flabby thighs!
- Brush up on smooth skin: Dry brush your skin daily with a natural-bristled body brush to slough off dead skin and encourage circulation in your skin’s blood vessels. Both can help get rid of cellulite’s appearance.
- You booze, you lose: Anything that dehydrates you and boosts blood pressure is bad news for reducing cellulite. Lighten up on your sodium, caffeine and alcohol intake to prevent cellulite.
- Go green: Keep your skin youthful and supple by adding a lot more plants to your diet. Eating five to nine servings of fruits and vegetables a day can actually slow down aging and help prevent wrinkles. Plant-based foods, including beans and whole grains, contain powerful antioxidants that kill off toxins and protect every cell in your body.
- Just say “om”: Stress is bad for us on just about every level. It slows down the immune system and the metabolism, ramps up our blood pressure, plus we eat anything and everything when we’re under the gun. Daily meditation is one of the best forms of stress-reduction. It protects the heart and boosts the immune system. Studies even show it’s good for people with skin conditions. Other super stress-busters: yoga and exercise.
- Shape up: Getting rid of cellulite can be as easy as putting on the right pants. Wear toning and firming cellulite hose that help restore circulation and reduce cellulite’s appearance. From cellulite shorts to cellulite pantyhose, cellulite-reducing shapewear can massage away the lumps to give you a smooth look.
RECOMMENDED SOLIDEA SOLUTIONS:
MAGIC PANTÍE MICROMASSAGE
MAGIC PANTÍE SILVER WAVE
MAGIC PANTÍE BODY